Monday, April 22, 2013

As Good As EMS Socks! One Down, One to Go

After this first sock was completed, I promised myself I would one day learn how to do two socks at once. The worst thing is finishing one and falling completely in love with it and then having to WAIT while you knit the other one. Ah well.

This is my first blog post from New Orleans, by the by... Mom and I drove 1300 miles from CT to LA in three days, staying with friends in Virginia the first night and at a hotel in Chattanooga TN the second night. Now we're in Harvey, I think, and I have a guest room in the home of someone I met through the church I'll be checking out down here. It's a very nice room and I really don't have that much stuff so it suits me fine. It's hot but I'm hoping I'll get used to it. And when I say hot I mean 80 and high humidity. Thank goodness for the breeze, though.

Anyways, pictures:

Here is the sock right before I completed the toe. I wasn't sure if it was going to be long enough, and now the hope is that I will have enough yarn for the second sock to have such a long leg (7"). 


The FO 


 And my other foot is cold, dangit! 

So now I'm working on the second sock and it's slow going. My shawl is coming along beautifully, though. I've used one complete skein and have started a second. More pictures to come! 

Knitting in NOLA here goes! 




No comments:

Post a Comment