Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Can Lace!

Hello everyone! I am very excited to say that I can lace - as in, I can haz cheezburger. I have never done lace or shawls before, so taking on Christy Verity's 198 Yards of Heaven as a first lace shawl project was a challenge. It is going BEAUTIFULLY! I'm using Knit Picks Comfy Sport Cotton in Lilac, as you can see below. 


It's also going very quickly. Yesterday I started at about row 15 out of my first 22-row repeat, and finished the first 22-row repeat and got halfway through the second repeat in about 5 hours.




I still haven't quite figured out how the shawl is being constructed as I knit it, and I'm nervous about "aggressively blocking" it at the end, but I'm sure having a good time while knitting it!

The yarn is SO soft and nice feeling in my hands. I highly recommend it. I think it's going to drape nicely too. Still haven't decided who this is going to be for, but we'll see...

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment