Monday, April 1, 2013

Don't Stop Me Now

Apparently I'm all about cliches and puns this morning, but when you're travelling on a train with Internet access and no Hulu, what else are you going to do but start a blog?

I've been knitting for five years now and have always said to myself, gee, I should write a blog. Now that I'm taking my knitting to New Orleans, why not try? A friend from church said to me, with a distressed look on her face, "What are you going to do about your knitting?" What, I'm going to stop because it's hot out? Oh no. I have a $50 gift card to The Tangled Web in Philadelphia and will buy lots and lots of beautiful cotton yarn so that I can knit in comfort while I'm sweating my eyeballs out. Also, I should add that when it is raining and 50 degrees outside in New Orleans, it is bone chillingly cold. Some of my favorite cowls will be joining me on the trip.

Heat will not stop me! Hence - Knit's Hot in Here. The title also brings to mind another favorite quote of mine from my favorite angry person: "This is when the left side of your brain looks at the right side of your brain and says, 'It's dark in here and we may die.'" Thank you, Lewis Black. Knit's hot outside and we may die.

I have to make sure this isn't just me word-vomiting on paper.


2 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your blog Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't know which one of yours to start with - there are so many! Do you have a recommendation? :)

    ReplyDelete