Thursday, May 16, 2013

Just a "Hers" Shower Soap Holder

This very quick pattern is from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders, basically my pattern bible. I've done quite a few patterns out of this book and its companion One-Skein Wonders. I had some orange cotton yarn that I needed to use up (which I bought for $0.50 at a thrift store, just the one skein) and didn't know what to do with it. I love using my handknit cotton washcloth in the shower, so I figured I'd make another little soap holder. 

It's big. I imagine you could fit a big bar of like, Dove soap in there. I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to keep it or give it away. Shower soap holders can really only be given on three occasions: 

- When people are traveling and might want something nice for the hotel shower
- For house-warming gifts
- For wedding gifts (when you'd make a His and Hers version) 

On every other occasion, including birthdays, it sort of feels like you're telling the recipient, "Have this and go bathe with it, PUH-LEASE!" Not exactly the message you want to attach to your gift, especially when it is a beautiful handknit.

Has anyone else ever given one of these successfully? How would you feel if you were given a shower soap holder? (That is, if you're the type of person who likes that kind of thing.) 

Knitting and thinking about showers... 

No comments:

Post a Comment