Saturday, May 11, 2013

C'est Fini


I apologize for my face in these pictures, but the shawl is DONE! (That face means: Why is it so hard to take a picture of my back? And why can't I find the button on my phone when I'm - oh there it is.) It took me over a month to finish Christy Verity's 198 Yards of Heaven during my move from Philadelphia to New Orleans. It's a modified version because I didn't complete the second chart for the lace border. I knit the first row and then bound off, creating a surprise ruffle. I love the way it drapes. 



This shot is also fun because I can see how long my hair's gotten in back! When I wash it I almost have enough to gather as if to put in a ponytail. 


Although it's gorgeous and I'm so proud of my first lace FO, I donated it to the Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership's Watershed Milestones Award Ceremony Silent Auction. It's happening in Philadelphia on May 22, so check out the event online and if you're interested in bidding on the shawl, buy a ticket! The organization does great things engaging the community to improve the watershed.


I'm looking forward to my next lace project!

Happy knitting!


2 comments:

  1. That thing is really pretty! And your hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is getting long! How about yours? Have you had it trimmed? :) and thanks!

    ReplyDelete