Tuesday, May 14, 2013

BETTER Than EMS Socks!


Yay I am so happy... My hiking socks are finished and they are, as the title implies, better than EMS! (Eastern Mountain Sports for those who aren't familiar with the franchise.)

I love these socks. They are at once warm and cool, cushy as all get out, and reversible. My mind is blown that they are knit the exact same way for the left and right foot, and yet when you put it on one foot or the other it conforms PERFECTLY! (It's an all caps kind of day, all right?)

Apparently I didn't take any pictures of both socks finished and on my feet at once, but am I alone in thinking that calves always look huge when you take pictures of your feet? It must be the angle but they just look gigantic. Ick.

But yay, socks.

Hooray for FOs!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Abby, this is Eleanore. Oh, oh, are they really as good as EMS? I wanna make some for my brother I'll look and see if you have them on Rav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eleanore! It's great to hear from you. These socks really are amazing. They're so cushy and comfortable. Hot as heck in this weather, but they're worth their salt. They are on Ravelry and the pattern is from One Skein Wonders, one of my favorite pattern books. :)

    ReplyDelete