Friday, September 6, 2013

Two Tone Cable Booties


So after I finished my first shrug in June, two things kept me from knitting:

1) it was REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hot. So yes, sometimes, only some of the times!, it is too hot to knit. I will admit it. I just didn't want to put anything on the needles.

2) things at work got super crazy. We hosted 330 volunteers and led about 10 projects with 4 staff so I was working long days and long weeks and just didn't want to do much of anything when I got home. I watched a few movies and TV shows, but dangit I just wanted to lie there and watch.

Then I went to my dad's family reunion and watched my cousin fiercely knitting socks. She knit from her own sock formula using hand painted yarn and size 1 bamboo needles. Watching her made me itch for needles and yarn, so when I got back to New Orleans I made myself cast something - anything! - on. I started dreaming up Christmas presents, but first I started these booties using two types of wool yarn. The light purple is the leftover from the Better than EMS Socks I made in May and the dark purple yarn is a double-stranded wool I pulled from my home stash. They're both rather chunky and will make some lovely cable booties. I imagine they soles'll felt up a bit with wear.


They do fit my feet, but I'm not sure yet if I'll keep them for myself.


I just have to make myself keep on them... it's been a little while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment