Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Sailor's Bracelet

This is an adaptation of Olgajazzy's Cable Braided Necklace. I want another bracelet like the Sailor's Rope bracelets I always wore during high school. They shrink when they get wet, but I don't know if this one will shrink or swell. Cotton yarn is finicky like that sometimes.

Photo from Etsy

Cast on 7 stitches, using size 4 needles. The stitches will be big and fat. 

Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: Purl. 

Continue in Stockinette Stitch for 5  rows, ending on a purl row. 

Row 9: K2, K2tog, YO, K3. 

Row 9 will create a hole in the fabric. Knit 7 rows and repeat Row 9.

Please don't follow this pattern - I apologize. I did not measure how long the strips were when I finished them, but they were twice as long as they needed to be so I improvised a very poor steek job to cut the pieces after weaving them together. I like the finished object but I wish I had measured first.



My friend correctly said that it looks like a scrunchie, but it also looks like a sailor's rope bracelet, which was what I was hoping for. It adds the white to my wardrobe on this Fourth of July: my red Phillies t-shirt (I love Werth forever) and blue skinny jeans. 


Happy Fourth of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment